Straightening a part for assembly

Tuesday, April 14th, 2009

“The Gable Front for my dollhouse is warped … what should I do”
Almost every front opening Gable Front panel gets springy when it is painted, but I can’t remember the last time I had to replace one for warpage. If it is twisted or if the shape has a kink in it, then it should be replaced – but if it’s a straight curl, it is probably just confused by moisture. Wood is a reactive material and the moisture in paint or the inequality of being on the table with one side aimed to the free air (more…)